Saturday 14 May 2011

Today

I have changed my mind

Yay indecisiveness strikes again.



Looking back at my last post I have come to the conclusion that it I had to vote for one person it would be Hillary Lloyd. After so much thought I realised that I feel her work is the most innovative and progressive and it’s really got me thinking about my own work (Although Shaw has influenced me too). She embraces something that’s inherently modern and that gives it a spark that won my hypothetical support.


This got me thinking of art today, what my art could do in the future. Lloyd embraces technological changes and although I use photography within my work I feel that, for the greater part, I do not. There are stereotypical projections of the future yet it is impossible to state what might actually happen. Art being influenced by all kinds of social and political outlets therefore is almost volatile.

I want to do something with my work, I have a number of ideas and hope to explore them as soon as my exams are oven and then I will probably be uploading pictures as things progress.

Although technological advances are important man seems to have no jurisdiction over the power of nature, this year alone there have been numerous natural disasters and this elemental force still seems vastly unknown. I feel that this focus on nature is important. I feel that my landscape painting is becoming more elemental orientated; although I still focus on moisture light diffusion and clear aspects of how we see the world around us, I have now also began to think of wind and other invisible forces that help us to translate our environments.

Im looking forward to the experimentation ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment